UPDATE: Woman rescued from Henrico house fire dies - NBC12 - WWBT - Richmond, VA News On Your Side

UPDATE: Woman rescued from Henrico house fire dies

HENRICO, VA (WWBT) – A Henrico woman died Saturday morning after being rescued from a house fire Friday.

Fire crews responded to the home in the 4800 block Sanburne Parkway around 10:30 a.m.  

Heavy fire was seen from the living room and firefighters pulled two women from the home.

"They did hear the residents inside knocking on the windows trying to get out and they went directly into rescue mode," said Henrico Fire Department Captain Chris Buehren. 

They were both sent to the hospital.

June Woodcock, 63, succumbed to her injuries Saturday morning and the other victim, Amanda Proctor, 20, was in stable condition Friday. 

Investigators said the fire was accidental.  It is believed the fire started from an overloaded extension cord.

"We want to make sure that people are safe during this snow storm. With the amount of time they are spending inside they can't get out as often as they can. Use caution. Be prepared," said Buehren. 

As for the home, it sustained severe damage. 

"It looks like there's probably some repair work that can be done to the home.  It doesn't appear that the fire extended to the attic area, the roof structure is still intact," Buehren said. 

(c) 2010. WWBT, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

 

 

Powered by Frankly