RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) – Revisions to the report on Sueng Hui Cho's shooting rampage made a splash last month when it was alleged top level university leaders warned their own family members long before the campus was alerted.
Virginia Tech took issue and the report now says two people that were not members of the policy group made phone calls that were not intended as warnings. The university also insists the president's office was not locked down. And the report is now changed.
In a statement a university spokesperson said today quote: "We have seen that corrections we had submitted earlier to correct the revised edition now more accurately reflect the actual events."
"They still have refused to include factual information that the families have provided them," said Mike Pohle.
Mike Pohle's son Michael was murdered in Norris Hall. He and several family members of the victims say they were blind-sided by the updated report and are now criticizing Governor Tim Kaine.
"I think it's about time the governor stop playing this ongoing game and truly engage an impartial group for us collectively to put together everything that we know," said Pohle.
The governor's office declined an interview and said the updated report speaks for itself. We also learned that the first shooting victim, Emily Hilscher survived for three hours and not a single person called her family.
"I'm appalled. I'm shocked and appalled with the university law enforcement and hospital she was at. I can't believe that no one did their professional responsibility in notifying her family of her condition," said Suzanne Grimes who is the mother of Kevin Sterne, a Tech shooting survivor.
The family members are launching a website this week called april16thvictimsvoice.org to release their own findings about the tragedy. They will also meet with the governor for the third and final time this Saturday at the governor's mansion.