RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - Effective January 31, 2010, there will be several important changes to GRTC's fixed bus route service. These changes reflect either a complete elimination or significant reduction of service along historically underperforming routes. The service changes are as follows.
Routes that are being eliminated:
- 13 Main Street/Church Hill
- 20 Northside – Dill Road/Willow Lawn
- 61 Broad Rock Shuttle
- 65 Stony Point Fashion Park
- 68 Lunch Time Express
Changes to schedules/routes:
Route 1/2 Monument/Patterson/Church Hill
- With the elimination of Route 13, eastbound service will be re-directed to service Briel Street during weekdays and Saturdays. It currently services this area during Sundays.
Route 11 Laurel/17th Street
- Remove the Laurel (west end) portion.
- New route name: 11 Oliver Hill/17th St.
Route 16 Westhampton
- Days of operation: Monday through Friday only.
- Travel to University of Richmond during peak times only (5:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. & 3:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.).
- Will service the Thompson area and not travel to University of Richmond during mid-day operations.
- Service will end at approximately 6:30 p.m.
- New name: 16 – Grove Avenue
Route 22 Hermitage/Downtown/Westbrook
- Operate during peak times only.
Route 67 Chippenham
- Reduced trips.
How can riders get alternate routing information for those routes being eliminated?
Operators will advise riders to contact Customer Service for assistance.