Deadly house fire ruled accidental

HENRICO, VA (WWBT) - The Henrico Fire Marshal named the official cause of a fire more than a month ago that killed three people.

As expected, the October 14 blaze in Highland Springs has been ruled accidental.

Investigators say the fire started in the kitchen, near the stove.

28-year-old Latasha Davis, 8-year-old Jasmine Whisnant and 3-year-old Jamie Whisnant died of smoke inhalation.

The Fire Marshal says the smoke detector was working properly.

(c) 2009 WWBT, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.