House fire in South Richmond

RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - A Richmond home is nearly gutted by a kitchen fire.

The fire started just before 10 a.m. This morning in the 2000 block of Cullen Road in South Richmond.

The homeowner said he was cooking sausage in the oven and went outside to feed his puppy. When he turned around, the back of the house was covered in flames. Firefighters got the blaze under control in about 20 minutes.

(c) 2009. WWBT, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.