Fire at Chesterfield Costco, store evacuated - NBC12 - WWBT - Richmond, VA News On Your Side

Fire at Chesterfield Costco, store evacuated

CHESTERFIELD, VA (WWBT) - A fire at the Costco store in the 3700 block of Price Club Boulevard closed this retail store this morning.

Chesterfield fire authorities said a small electrical panel started burning causing considerable amount of smoke in the building.  It was considered a minor fire and fire crews cleared the scene around 1:30.  There was minor damage to their electrical service.

Employees noticed the lights in the building blinking, eventually going out.  Smelled like an electrical fire inside the building. The store has reopened. 

(c) 2009. WWBT, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly