2009 NBC 12 /Applebee's Great American Vacation Contest
OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WWBT Channel 12, 5710 Midlothian Turnpike, Richmond, VA 23225 and Applebee's Services, Inc., 11201 Renner Boulevard, Lenexa, Kansas 66219. (collectively, "Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins on August 3, 2009. Entries must be received by Sunday, August 30, 2009 before 5pm. The winner will be chosen on Monday, August 31, 2009. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties or cities in the station's viewing area: Stafford, King George, Culpeper, Orange, St. Mary's, Westmoreland, Albemarle, Fluvanna, Louisa, Caroline, Spotsylvania, Essex, Richmond, Northumberland, Lancaster, Middlesex, King and Queen, King William, Hanover, Goochland, Buckingham, Cumberland, Amelia, Powhatan, Chesterfield, City of Richmond, Henrico, City of Petersburg, Charles City, New Kent, James City, York, Matthews, Middlesex, Gloucester, Prince George, Surry, Isle of Wight, Southampton, Greensville, Brunswick, Lunenberg, Prince Edward, Nottoway, Dinwiddie, and who are 18 years or older by January 1, 2009. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WWBT-TV, the other Sponsor(s), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per household will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
Winner will be notified by telephone and/or U.S. Mail after the completion of the contest, which will be August 30, 2009. Return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected.
Winner may waive his/her right to receive a prize. Prize is non-assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed, except that prize and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and the Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value.
Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prize. Winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned within five (5) days of date of postmark. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within five (5) days, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may, at the sole discretion of Sponsor(s), result in a winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of prize to an alternate winner. Except where prohibited, participation in the contest constitutes entrant's consent to the publication of his or her name and image in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation.
3. HOW TO ENTER: The NBC 12 / Applebee's Great American Vacation Contest will be open beginning Monday, August 3, 2009. Go to Applebee's to receive a game piece. Game pieces will be printed on the back of receipts. If contestant does not want to make a purchase to receive a game piece they must ask an Applebee's employee to print one free of charge. Each game piece has a different registration code. Go to the NBC12.com website, click on contest icon and complete the registration form, which includes name, address, telephone number and email address and other information. Submit your registration and photograph by clicking "SEND". One (1) entry per valid email account; duplicate entries beyond that will be discarded. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and will not be accepted. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s) and will not be acknowledged or returned.
CAUTION: Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any online service or web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor(s) reserve the right to seek damages and/or other remedies from any such person to the full extent permitted by law.
4. Any entry submitted in any other manner, including, without limitation, by U.S. mail directly to NBC12 or to any other Sponsor(s), is void. Limit one entry per household. Submission of multiple complete entries by an entrant or entrants is a violation of these rules and voids all entries of that entrant's household. All entries must be received by, and must be complete by, 5pm ET on August 30, 2009. Sponsor(s) will not verify receipt of entries. Entries, including photographs, become property of Sponsor(s) and will not be returned. Incomplete entries are void. Sponsor(s) are not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, incomprehensible, illegible, damaged, undeliverable or delayed. Photocopied and mechanically generated entries are void. Entries generated by any automated means are void. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants. By entering, each entrant represents that he/she owns the copyright to any photographs submitted with the entry form and grants Sponsor(s) an irrevocable license to exhibit such photographs via TV, internet, wireless handheld device and any other device.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WWBT-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WWBT-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WWBT-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
All charges, fees, and costs not specifically included in the prize descriptions above, including but not limited to any and all personal incidental items, transportation, taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner. Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
Winner will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WWBT-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service.
Winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, winner acknowledges that WWBT-TV, and all other Sponsor(s) and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast winner's name, voice, likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
9. Sponsor(s)' Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WWBT-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WWBT-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
10. Name of Winner. For the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WWBT-TV, 5710 Midlothian Turnpike, Richmond, VA 23225 or visit the website at www.NBC12.com between August 3-30, 2009