Faulty fan blamed for house fire - NBC12 - WWBT - Richmond, VA News On Your Side

Faulty fan blamed for house fire

From NBC12 News

CHESTERFIELD, VA (NBC12) - A fire in Chesterfield is being blamed on a malfunctioning fan in the home's attic.

Flames broke out at the house at the 1400 block of Southshore Drive, which is just off Hull Street road around 10:00 p.m. Friday night.

At the time, authorities believed the fire was started by a lightning strike.

Saturday their investigation revealed that the faulty fan was to blame.

No one was hurt in the fire.

(c) 2009. WWBT, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly