UPDATE: Candle to blame for Highland Springs apt. fire - NBC12 - WWBT - Richmond, VA News On Your Side

UPDATE: Candle to blame for Highland Springs apt. fire

HENRICO, VA (WWBT) - Authorities have ruled a Highland Springs apartment fire accidental. 

Fire officials said a candle left unattended sparked the blaze on Camero Court.

The fire started on a ground floor apartment around 3:15 p.m. on Sunday.

Several residents were forced to escape through windows.  No one was injured.

Fire crews were able to contain the fire to the original apartment.

Red Cross is assisting the five residents that were displaced.

(c) 2009. WWBT, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

 

Powered by Frankly