Neighbor alerts family of fire in their attic

From NBC12 News

CHESTER, VA (NBC12) - Two Chester residents managed to escape their burning home Saturday afternoon.

A neighbor called 911 to report a fire on Brook Lane just before 1:45 p.m.

Fire investigators say the blaze started in the attic.

There is smoke and fire damage to the second floor.

No residents or firefighters were injured.

(c) 2009. WWBT, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.