NBC12 Days of Deals for Mothers Day Contest 2014
OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WWBT-TV, A Taste of New Kent Wine Festival, Car Pool, Flying Squirrels, East Coast Laser Tattoo Removal, Commonwealth Facial Plastic Surgery, Science Museum of Virginia, Kleane Kare, Graffiti’s Ink Gallery, the Children’s Museum of Richmond, Vogue Flowers and Gifts, Dixie Donuts or Saxon Shoes, other local TV stations in the Richmond DMA, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per individual will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
By texting Mom to 80412, the submitter provides the right to NBC12 to publish the winner's name, and photo on the internet and potentially display it on the air on NBC12.
Winner will be notified by telephone and/or email after the completion of the contest. Notification not responded to within 24 hours, the phone number disconnected or email address undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected if time permits.
Winner may waive his/her right to receive a prize. Prize is non-assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed, except that prize and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and the Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prize. Winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned within five (5) days of date of notification of winning. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within five (5) days, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may, at the sole discretion of Sponsor(s), result in a winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of prize to an alternate winner. Except where prohibited, participation in the contest constitutes entrant's consent to the publication of his or her name and image in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that Station and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that Station may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. Station is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted.
Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to up-load, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
5. PRIZE: There will be 12 winners, who will each receive a prize of varying values from our sponsors: Four Tickets to A Taste of New Kent Wine Festival ($140 Value), $250 Gift Card to Car Pool Detail Shop, Mothers Day Package from Flying Squirrels ($75 Value), Up to $1500 in Tattoo Removal Services at East Coast Laser Tattoo Removal, $50 Facial from Commonwealth Facial Plastic Surgery, Family Membership to the Science Museum of Virginia ($100 Value), A Residential Cleaning from Kleane Kare (Value:$267), $200 Gift Card from Graffiti’s Ink Gallery, Birthday Party at the Children’s Museum of Richmond ($150 Value), $100 Bouquet from Vogue Flowers and Gifts, 2 Dozen Donuts from Dixie Donuts ($20 Value), and a $100 Gift Certificate to Saxon Shoes.
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
6. HOW THE PRIZES ARE AWARDED: 12 winners will be selected at random and notified via phone and/or text message each week day of the promotion. Saturday and Sunday winners will be drawn on the subsequent Monday. Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters, will contact winner.
7. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning depend upon number of eligible entries received. Failure to respond to the notification of winning within the specified time period in the notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, Administrator’s inability to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period or noncompliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor and Administrator’s sole discretion, an alternate winner may be selected for the drawing.
8. SUBMISSION AND USE OF PHOTOS: You may submit no more than one photo Submission during the Contest Period. Entrant must have signed permission from all individuals (parents/legal guardian of children, if featured and if not your own) that appear in the Submission to use their name and image in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested by Sponsor and/or Administrator, entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor and/or Administrator. By uploading a Submission, entrant assigns all right, title and interest in and to the submitted photograph to Sponsor. Such assignment irrevocably grants to Sponsor (and Sponsor’s licensees and assigns) the exclusive right to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, and otherwise exploit the Submission in all media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the universe, in any way Sponsor sees fit including, but not limited to, entertainment, instruction/education, promotional, advertising and/or marketing purposes. In connection with all rights granted herein, Sponsor (and Sponsor’s licensees and assigns) shall also have the irrevocable and exclusive right to incorporate Submissions, in whole or in part, into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed. Proof of submission will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
9. RESTRICTIONS ON CONTENT OF SUBMISSIONS:
- The Submission must not contain material that violates, misappropriates, or infringes upon any law or regulation or the rights of any third party, including any copyright, trademark, or any rights of publicity or privacy, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights;
9. RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND PUBLICITY: All prize winners consent to the use of their names, photographs, likenesses and limited biographical information for publicity or advertising purposes without further compensation, where permitted by law. By entering the contest, entrants agree to have their submitted photograph displayed on Sponsor’s website and used by Sponsor for any purpose, at any time, without any fee or other form of compensation. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify and delete any photographs or user profiles, without notice, and for any reason. All entrants release Sponsors and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, partners, equity holders, agents, employees, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any and all liability with respect to, or in any way arising from, this Contest and/or acceptance or use of the prize, including liability for personal injury, damages, death or monetary loss. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any injury, loss or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer relating to, or resulting from, entering or downloading any information or software in connection with this Contest. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or late, failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest, or by any human or other errors that may occur in connection with this Contest.
10. CONDITIONS OF ACCEPTANCE OF PRIZE: Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winners will be required to execute and return a release/indemnity and affidavit of eligibility within 3 business days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. Prize notification will be via email at the Station's discretion.
Winners will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, as well as transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. The awardees of each prize should consult with a tax professional to determine any tax consequences of being awarded.
The prize package will be reported to the IRS as required by law. Winners will receive an IRS Form 1099. The prize package may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration by the winners. Sponsor(s) may substitute a prize with equal or greater value. The winner may not assign, sell or transfer the prize package or any portion thereof.
10. SPONSOR'S RESERVATION OF RIGHTS: These official rules are subject to modification by Station to ensure fairness of the promotion and/or the original intent. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by Station are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of wwbt.com, or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion. By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that Station and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that Station may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. Station is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
11. WINNER'S NAMES: Winner's names will be made available upon written request to the station from May 19, 2014 through May 23, 2014: NBC12, P.O. Box 12, Richmond, VA 23218.
4838-5455-6949, v. 4